Pangot, a quaint village at 6,300 feet above sea level is a small village set amidst an Oak and Rhododendron Forest only 15 kilometers from Nainital. The drive takes only 20 minutes to get there. The entire drive is through the forested area of Cheena Peak Range via Snow View Point and Kilbury the main habitats for excellent birding.
One can see a variety of Himalayan species along the way such as lammergeyer, Himalayan griffon, blue-winged minla, spotted & slaty-backed forktail, Rufus-bellied woodpecker, rufous-bellied niltava, khalij pheasant, variety of thrushes etc. Almost 150 bird species have been recorded at Pangot and surrounding areas. The numerous perennial & seasonal creeks are home to an amazing variety of flora and fauna including the leopard, yellow-throated Himalayan martins, Himalayan palm civet, ghoral, barking deer, sambhar etc.
24 – 29 May 2018
per head charges : Rs 18,000/- (Non – refundable).
Booking Amount : Rs 8,000/- ( Non-refundable), Rest to be paid before 31 st March 2018.
GENERAL CAMP SCHEDULE
Wake-up: 06.30 am with morning tea.
Warm-up: 07.30-08.00 am.
Breakfast : 08.30- 09.30am.
Lunch: 01.30 pm.
Eve. Snacks: 05.30 pm
Games: 06.00-07.30 pm.
BonFire : 07.45-09.00 pm.
Dinner: 09.30 pm.
Lights Off: 11.00 pm.
Assembly at Mumbai Domestic Airport.
Mumbai to Delhi by flight. Overnight journey to campsite from Delhi.
Arrival Nainital – Transfer to camp
11:00am hrs : Arrival Nainital. Transfer to non AC hill coach and drive for Camp (15 km, 25 minutes approx).
• Arrival at Camp Site • Welcome with hot tea and briefing on camp rules • Accommodation allotment • Daily chores • Warm up session • Breakfast • Forest familiarization • Initialization trek to upper meadow • Discussion on Camp Philosophy • Back to camp trek • Tent Pitching Demo • Hot buffet lunch served • Leisure session • Burma Bridge • Taroline Travers • Team building games • Bonfire • Dinner
• Morning Tea • Early Breakfast • Moderate trekking/Stream Hunt to Churani Village • Village interaction and exposure to local culture and routines • Individual assessment of local problems and their solutions. • Lunch back at camp • Zig-Zag, Commando Crawl, Balance Beam, Tarzan Swing, Commando Net • Bonfire • Dinner • Overnight in tents
• Morning Tea • Warm Up • Breakfast • Moderate Trekking • Equipment Detailing • Rock climbing • Rappelling • Lunch back at camp
• Continue activity • Self cooking • Bonfire • Dinner • Night Navigation • Overnight in tents
• Post breakfast Farewells and Parting Messages.
• Checkout with all those unforgettable memories and a resolve to return to your dear Himalayan Adventure Camp. Camping ends.
Camp – Nainital – Destination
• Board the waiting jeeps that shall transfer you to Nainital for onward journey to begin. Put your bags in your bus enroute to Nainital.
• Visit CAVE GARDEN. Walk down to Nainital.
• Sightseeing on your own at Nainital that may include Boating at Naini Lake (On your own risk), Naina Devi Temple, Gurudwara, the Mall Road and Bhotia Market (A hard core bargaining place).
• 13:30 hrs : Lunch at a restaurant.
• 16:30 hrs : Dinner at Kathgodam Railway Station. Departure for Delhi.
Delhi to Mumbai by flight.
Tour Include :
All activities as per itinerary, Transfers and Sightseeing by Bus coach, Tent accommodation on min. quad sharing, all meals on AP basis, sight-seeing, entrances, guide, Tour Manager All meals and First Aid etc.
Terms and Conditions :
No fees will be involved incase if we are not able to confirm the booking request.
Cancellation will not be refunded.
To confirm reservation we would require a minimum of 50% as advance which is non-refundable.
We suggest you bring personal items, such as medicines , toiletries etc. before joining the tour as these items may not be available locally. A list of things to bring will be sent to you when you book.
Usually your food and accommodation is covered in the price of the tour, so all you need to do is allow enough spending money for souvenirs, drinks, tips etc. More information will be given on booking.
You do not have to be exceptionally fit for most of our activities. However, if you are planning a short trek you should be used to some regular exercise (walking, tennis etc.). For high altitude trekking you must be reasonably fit as these treks can involve strenuous walking. We advise you to have a check-up with your doctor before travelling.
Make sure you bring any personal medications that you may need. Bring enough to cover yourself for the whole trip.